Consent Week: Upstander Training
Thursday, Jan 24, 2019 at 2:45 PM EST
January 24 - 2:45PM - 4:00PM
Upstander Training aims to develop a culture of looking out for one another on campus. The purpose of this program is two-fold: to teach Upstander skills applicable to any situation wherein someone might be at risk of harm, and to engage participants in discussions about consent, sexual assault and rape culture.
Topics that may be discussed include:
- The Bystander Effect
- Gender and Gender Stereotypes
- Sexual Violence, Consent, and Rape Culture
- Power, Privilege, Identity and Intersectionality
- Motivating Upstander Action
- Responding to a Disclosure
This training is free and open to all University of Waterloo students, staff and faculty.
Hagey Hall - 1102
200 University Avenue West Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1 CA