Rebooting: Economic recovery and managing risk (panel 1 of 6)
Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 1:00 PM EDT
COVID-19 has shaken the world, challenging societies and altering life as we know it. But from this crisis, opportunities have emerged calling us to action as we prepare to reboot from the COVID-19 lockdown.
In this series of six free, weekly, online panels, experts from the University of Waterloo and representatives from some of Canada's leading companies will share their research, real-world expertise, and experience to help identify the risks and plot the future of adapting to this new normal. Learn how you can apply their research findings to the needs of your enterprise and your own aspirations. Together, let’s create the future.
Registration is required for each of the 6 panels
A Webex link will be provided before the session. Each webinar will feature a 60-minute, moderated panel, with 5 or 6 participants followed by an optional 30-minute Q&A (questions can be submitted through the web conference chat).
The Post-COVID-19 Reboot series is presented by University of Waterloo Gateway for Enterprises to Discover Innovation (GEDI).
Panel #1 Rebooting: Economic recovery & managing risk
The series kicks off on May 21 with a discussion of economic recovery in a post-COVID-19 world. What does rebuilding look like? What are the roles of businesses of all sizes in the new economy, and how do we ensure their survival? We'll discuss the role of innovation, working differently, workforce preparedness, and skills development.
Moderator: Bessma Momani - Professor, Political Science; Interim Assistant Vice President, International Relations
Expert panelists include:
- Joël Blit - Associate Professor, Economics; Senior Fellow Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Nada Basir - Assistant Professor, Conrad School of Entrepreneurship & Business
- Sanjeev Gill - Associate Vice President, Innovation and Lifelong Learning
- Craig Alexander - Chief Economist, Deloitte Canada
- Alex Goryachev - Managing Director, Cisco Global Co-Innovation Centres
What's next in the series?
- May 27 | Rebooting: Supply chain considerations (panel 2 of 6)
- June 2 | Rebooting: Security and data privacy considerations (panel 3 of 6)
- June 11 | Rebooting with research: Tackling real-world problems (panel 4 of 6)
- June 18 | Rebooting with research: Viral detection & mitigation (panel 5 of 6)
- June 25 | Rebooting with research: Our virtual future (panel 6 of 6)
If you have any questions, please contact GEDI at GEDI.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions will be sent out via email after registration.
University of Waterloo GEDI
GEDI is a Gateway for Enterprises (industry and government) to Discover Innovation at the University of Waterloo. GEDI develops and manages partnerships between the University and those enterprises who wish to engage with UW in a significant and multi-faceted manner.