Rebooting: Supply chain considerations (panel 2 of 6)
Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 1:00 PM EDT
COVID-19 has shaken the world, challenging societies and altering life as we know it. But from this crisis, opportunities have emerged calling us to action as we prepare to reboot from the COVID-19 lockdown.
In this series of six free, weekly, online panels, experts from the University of Waterloo and representatives from some of Canada's leading companies will share their research, real-world expertise, and experience to help identify the risks and plot the future of adapting to this new normal. Learn how you can apply their research findings to the needs of your enterprise and your own aspirations. Together, let’s create the future.
Registration is required for each of the 6 panels
A Webex link will be provided before the talk. Each webinar will feature a 60-minute, moderated panel, with 5 or 6 participants followed by an optional 30-minute Q&A (questions can be submitted through the web conference chat).
The Post-COVID-19 Reboot series is presented by University of Waterloo Gateway for Enterprises to Discover Innovation (GEDI).
Panel #2 Rebooting: Supply chain considerations
The second panel will look at restarting, rebuilding, and reimagining both local and global supply chains. Through a lens of environmental and social sustainability, we will discuss changes in governance, the rise of populism, and cost vs. other drivers in building, or re-building, supply chains.
Moderator: Larry Smith - Adjunct Associate Professor, Economics; Director, Problem Lab
Expert panelists include:
- Jatin Nathwani - Executive Director Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Energy (WISE); Professor, Department of Management Science and Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Fatma Gzara - Associate Professor, Department of Management Sciences; Co-director Waterloo Analytics & Optimization Lab
- Olaf Weber - Professor, School of Environment, Enterprise and Development (SEED)
- Rohan Gupte - Senior Program Manager, Supply Chain Execution, Amazon
What's next in our series?
- June 2 | Rebooting: Security and data privacy considerations (panel 3 of 6)
- June 11 | Rebooting with research: Tackling real-world problems (panel 4 of 6)
- June 18 | Rebooting with research: Viral detection & mitigation (panel 5 of 6)
- June 25 | Rebooting with research: Our virtual future (panel 6 of 6)
The recorded sessions will be posted to the University of Waterloo YouTube channel as available, check back soon!
If you have any questions, please contact GEDI at GEDI.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions will be sent out via email after registration.
University of Waterloo GEDI
GEDI is a Gateway for Enterprises (industry and government) to Discover Innovation at the University of Waterloo. GEDI develops and manages partnerships between the University and those enterprises who wish to engage with UW in a significant and multi-faceted manner.