Rebooting with Research: Tackling real-world problems (panel 4 of 6)
Thursday, Jun 11, 2020 at 1:00 PM EDT
COVID-19 has shaken the world, challenging societies and altering life as we know it. But from this crisis, opportunities have emerged calling us to action as we prepare to reboot from the COVID-19 lockdown.
In this series of six free, weekly, online panels, experts from the University of Waterloo and representatives from some of Canada's leading companies will share their research, real-world expertise, and experience to help identify the risks and plot the future of adapting to this new normal. Learn how you can apply their research findings to the needs of your enterprise and your own aspirations. Together, let’s create the future.
Registration is required for each of the 6 panels
A Webex link will be provided before the talk. Each webinar will feature a 60-minute, moderated panel, with 5 or 6 participants followed by an optional 30-minute Q&A (questions can be submitted through the web conference chat).
The Post-COVID-19 Reboot series is presented by University of Waterloo Gateway for Enterprises to Discover Innovation (GEDI).
Panel #4 Rebooting with Research: Tackling real-world problems
This webinar is the first of three highlighting the University of Waterloo research centres and institutes, which take an interdisciplinary approach to addressing significant research themes. This webinar focuses on the economics of public health and health policy, the environment, clean water, and COVID-19 transmission in waste water.
Moderator: Roy Brouwer - Executive Director, Water Institute; Professor, Economics
Expert panelists include:
- Daniel Scott - Executive Director, Interdisciplinary Centre on Climate Change; Professor, Geography and Environmental Management
- Susan Horton - Professor, Economics; CIGI Chair in Global Health Economics
- Shannon Majowicz - Associate Professor, School of Public Health and Health Systems
- Lauren Smith - Founder, PolyGone Technologies; PhD candidate, School of Environment, Resources and Sustainability
- Jason Deglint - CEO, Blue Lion Labs
What's next in our series?
Visit our event page here to see past events and to register for additional panel sessions:Rebooting with Research series:
- June 18 | Rebooting with research: Viral detection & mitigation (panel 5 of 6)
- June 25 | Rebooting with research: Our virtual future (panel 6 of 6)
The recorded sessions will be posted to the University of Waterloo YouTube channel as available, check back soon!
If you have any questions, please contact GEDI at GEDI.email@example.com.
Instructions will be sent out via email after registration.
University of Waterloo GEDI
GEDI is a Gateway for Enterprises (industry and government) to Discover Innovation at the University of Waterloo. GEDI develops and manages partnerships between the University and those enterprises who wish to engage with UW in a significant and multi-faceted manner.